Author Topic: Poker  (Read 2728 times)

SJRulez83

• Admin
  • IT Manager,Software Developer and Geek
    • View Profile
Poker
« on: February 16, 2015, 09:23:47 pm »
Would anyone be interested in Spread Coin poker? I'm contemplating altering a previous college project I did to build a poker website for Spread Coin.

Initially if I can get it up and running in the next week on the test network you'll all have something to spend those hard earned master node payouts on.

e1ghtSpace

• Part of the 2 year club
    • View Profile
Re: Poker
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:27:10 pm »
Will we be able to invest into the bankroll?
We just have to wait.

SJRulez83

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:56:09 pm »
Will we be able to invest into the bankroll?

I would be open to investment and it would probably need some investment initially to help with start up costs and hosting. In terms of keeping it running I was probably looking at either a deposit or withdrawal fee of 1-5%, I don't really want to use advertising unless  people don't mind that. The aim would be to start out as just multiplayer poker, eventually this could be expanded to include games where the house does profit and all fees\advertising could be removed.

SJRulez83

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 03:07:07 pm »
I have a working poker engine running finally, I'm sorting out wallet side of things and a basic site. Should be ready for early next week!

IBGigglin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:19:29 am »
I have a working poker engine running finally, I'm sorting out wallet side of things and a basic site. Should be ready for early next week!

Nice, message me if you wanna test.

SJRulez83

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 04:52:35 pm »
Well poker is on hold at the moment but the countdown begins for Black Jack (on testnet)

Wednesday 23rd Feb 17:00 GMT

Its slightly crude at the moment, there are no graphics so it just displays the card values (if anyone has a Spreadcoin logo that would make a nice back for the cards please let me know).

SJRulez83

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 04:57:01 pm »
Well poker is on hold at the moment but the countdown begins for Black Jack (on testnet)

Its slightly crude at the moment, there are no graphics so it just displays the card values (if anyone has a Spreadcoin logo that would make a nice back for the cards please let me know).

Quick question in terms of bets would people rather have scaled bets or enter a value, the advantage of the scaled bets is we can have pretty looking Spr chips.

Bets:
1000 =1Spr
100=0.1Spr
10=0.01Spr
1=0.001Spr

IBGigglin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 11:23:32 pm »

Quick question in terms of bets would people rather have scaled bets or enter a value, the advantage of the scaled bets is we can have pretty looking Spr chips.

Bets:
1000 =1Spr
100=0.1Spr
10=0.01Spr
1=0.001Spr

I'd say no to scale bets. Couldnt you just make chips 1 5 10 25 50 100 SPR?

IBGigglin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 11:24:16 pm »

What size are the cards and what size do you want the chips?

e1ghtSpace

• Part of the 2 year club
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 07:31:54 am »

What size are the cards and what size do you want the chips?

Can you make the cards nice cute small ones? (70 x 140) Have the chip images stack on top of each other with their values shown below, and the amount of chips shown above.
We just have to wait.

def15

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 08:29:22 am »
Poker and blackjack? Awesome!

Any ETA on both?

SJRulez83

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 07:43:40 pm »
Blackjack will be first, hopefully within next few days. It should have been earlier this week but unfortunately I've had a disastrous week at work due to massive fault with a SQL database cluster (apologies to everyone for not being around for obvious reasons).

As for the card size, I'd be open to suggestions really as far as the ui goes. I mainly build windows forms applications and back office web apps which don't have to look pretty so that side of it I'm not too good with.

Poker is turning out to be a pretty hefty challenge, the poker engine which does the hand evaluation is fine but the issue at the moment is the player and session tracking in order to ensure its secure.

I'm also going to see how long till mn test 3 starts, I want this the black jack thoroughly testes prior to going live. The last thing I want is anything to go wrong with these games which could be detrimental to spreadcoin.

I'll be posting regular updates this week as I get everything finished.