Do you think Mr. Spread will be back?

Yes
16 (50%)
No
15 (46.9%)
Who cares, we don't need him.
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Mr. Spread  (Read 14897 times)

SJRulez83

• Admin
  • IT Manager,Software Developer and Geek
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Spread
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2015, 09:14:51 pm »
Sad to admit the reality but it looks like something happened to the dev that prevents him from continuing this project.

I don't believe for a minute that he abandoned it out of free will. Whatever happened to him is speculation at best. I agree this project is worth continuing and for that we need to attract top programmer(s). Not to replace Mr. Spread but to continue the development in his absence.

What can we offer potential candidates and how will we select a competent programmer?

My suggestion would be to:

1) Have them compile a test release from github repository (qt compiling on all platforms is a challenge in itself)
2) If point 1 succeeds: have them program test version 3 based on a community wish list
3) after completion of point 2) we can think about a new release version including masternodes

and compensate them with:

1) Dev fund in SPR
2) or Dev fund in BTC
3) Other means of compensation

Thoughts?

Im willing to take on some of the dev work, i have invested a lot of mining time in spr as it is so that's an incentive for me anyway. My only request\condition would be that when MN's get implementes the community kindly helps me fund setting one up for myself.

I have forwarded my linked in to georgem, im not sure if he has taken a look at it but a rough run down:

5 years training as an R&D engineer for Ricoh
HNC's in Electronics, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
4 years in Network support
5 years as a Senior Software Engineer

I  run an IT department at the age of 31

Let's organise the IRC chat where are most people based time zone wise? Personally UK but for me any time is fine

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 09:24:58 pm »
I have forwarded my linked in to georgem, im not sure if he has taken a look at it but a rough run down:

Oh I have, at least I tried, why do you think I made you an admin?
You did realize that I gave you admin status more than a day ago?
 8)

PS, about your linked in, this is invitation based only I believe. I can't take a look at your linkedin page, since we are not part of the same network.
I do not use linked in, anyway. But I created an account there, and sent you an invitation, maybe you can let me in.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 09:25:52 pm »
Let's organise the IRC chat where are most people based time zone wise? Personally UK but for me any time is fine

We are close, I am based in switzerland. We are 1 hour apart.

elbandi

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 10:57:03 pm »
me form central europe too.

njs811

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 07:10:04 am »
Just thought I would add this here. Worth a look.

I have tracked down all of the donated money that he received some time ago. 

This is what is in each wallet:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SP7jrxYeGdEiTSsSQtnSr9UCXtEpuHYigv.htm
30,400 SPR

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3.htm
5,000 SPR

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SgcsK6CFrcKWE4rTaNr7XAghs6ANrSqeix.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SPog49aeSyAGJDU1X1HfxPCans7igroXJw.htm

This brings the total to 62,429 SPR. Granted I may have missed a wallet or two.  (Or perhaps the original donation that he received was exaggerated)
That means as of now that SPR is only worth about 5 Bitcoins.  (Practically nothing for a dev)
Also, the last date any of these wallets were touched was the 15th of February, and most of them were only adding amounts of 100 SPR. (Perhaps testing?)
If he abandoned the project he could have sold his SPR long ago or at least did something more recently with his SPR.  If he has access to a computer he certainly isn't doing ANYTHING with SPR. Lets hold on and see what we get. Besides if everyone committed to stop selling the price would have to go up.

** After reading through the several pages it seems that Mr. Spread never fully recovered his 80k SPR. So 62,429 SPR would be an appropriate amount.

SandwichSpread

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 08:30:19 am »

Also Europe
SpreadCoin address: SiCMKGPLsRPKnZ5jCVHgGgGba1ew2DLShv

ol92

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2015, 11:42:07 am »

Also Europe
Hi,  thanks for all the peole stepping up. I am not really a developper but maybe I can help too (I am from France).

I experienced something similar with fluttercoin : the dev disappeared (in this case he left), a small group formed and took the responsability of the coin dev and promotion. And the coin survives till today (a little above spreadcoin in term of marketcap as of today).

I would suggest a communication from this group on bitcointalk to stabilize price : something along the line of " we propose to continue ongoing developement for the coin at least untill Mr Spread returns " and some rough roadmap with the some first steps (contacting exchange and pool owners, new testing masternodes round ...

IBGigglin

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2015, 11:15:06 pm »
EST time zone best for me. Tomorrow my buddy comes over to look at code and make a call if its structured correctly or if it looks like a high school project in his opinion. If he likes what he sees, Ill see if he wants to lend a hand. 

Gladimor

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2015, 02:29:41 am »
Hey folks,

I would be glad to pitch in my efforts and help bring back SPR beyond it's former glory  8)
I'm satisfactory at Python, but wouldn't trust myself with working on MN code.
Perhaps I could tackle social media?

Best,
Adam

Hatch

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2015, 04:31:41 am »
EST time zone best for me. Tomorrow my buddy comes over to look at code and make a call if its structured correctly or if it looks like a high school project in his opinion. If he likes what he sees, Ill see if he wants to lend a hand.

And the verdict is?

Zeca pagodinho

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2015, 10:53:30 am »
What I could see of Mr.Spread is that he cared about new followers of crypto universe. If you look closely will realize that all his work was focused on ease of use, he knew there was more advanced users would not let aside the less experienced users. The MN are an example of this, see how he created a way that any user could have a MN without much effort, but also those who use a VPS could have a better score in the polls. What did'm trying to talk here is that regardless of who takes the project we have to keep in mind at least a bit of Mr.Spread vision.

As an old saying: The water does not want those who already know how to swim because they are already her.

Ps .: I am willing to help in promotion gifts, why not understand programming(yet)!  :)

Gladimor

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2015, 07:11:24 pm »

I'm based in Toronto, so EST works for me  ;D

Twitter is up: https://twitter.com/SpreadCoinTeam

e1ghtSpace

• Part of the 2 year club
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2015, 08:31:55 pm »
Seeing as it looks like Spreadcoin is being picked back up I decided to invest back into it again. I'm very happy with what's being done and I think we have a really great comunity here! You guys are great, keep up that awesome work.

But I feel like we need a project coordinator. It just feels a little bit unorganised.
The project coordinator should make a thread in the development board with a todo list and cross the list's contents off when they have been implemented.
If there was an address next to each item we could send some spr to it to speed up the development too.

Just some thoughts, but we definately need a project coordinator.

Good work guys!
We just have to wait.

njs811

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2015, 10:36:00 pm »
Seeing as it looks like Spreadcoin is being picked back up I decided to invest back into it again. I'm very happy with what's being done and I think we have a really great comunity here! You guys are great, keep up that awesome work.

But I feel like we need a project coordinator. It just feels a little bit unorganised.
The project coordinator should make a thread in the development board with a todo list and cross the list's contents off when they have been implemented.
If there was an address next to each item we could send some spr to it to speed up the development too.

Just some thoughts, but we definately need a project coordinator.

Good work guys!
I did create a main thread. Not that I'm signing up for the job. But I think we should have a place to discuss the direction we are heading.

Gladimor

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2015, 12:29:13 am »
I'd gladly take on the role of Community Manager. I can be responsible for all social media, create SpreadCoin graphics, etc.