Author Topic: SpreadCoin Identity [Logo - Typeface - Colors]  (Read 4707 times)

SandwichSpread

• Marketing
    • View Profile
SpreadCoin Identity [Logo - Typeface - Colors]
« on: January 19, 2015, 12:23:43 pm »
SpreadCoin Identity

Download:

PDF documents, see attachements.

Font: Montserrat

Download:

http://www.1001freefonts.com/montserrat.font

http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/montserrat
SpreadCoin address: SiCMKGPLsRPKnZ5jCVHgGgGba1ew2DLShv

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
Re: SpreadCoin Identity [Logo - Typeface - Colors]
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 02:52:29 pm »
Very nice, awesome work.

Please keep your ideas coming.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 04:52:11 pm »
Hey Sandwich,
can you design a header (including the logo + text positioned on the left side ) for spreacointalk.org
Or atleast some pattern or ornament to use in the background...

At the moment the header region is quite narrow, only about 45 px.
I plan to widen that to 100 px height (width will be "unlimited")

We need some kind of background patterns or ornaments.

Can you create something like that?

Also, the colors I use for this forum are probably wrong.

I use #7258a3 as violet color which is wrong according to your definition.
I will probably change that to #6c3d94 to match your defintion.

What do you think?

SandwichSpread

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 07:32:42 pm »
Here you go man.
I say, keep it nice and simple.
I think you should change the red and green text/boxes into purple or yellow.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 07:36:48 pm »
Thanks. Looks great.

Do you have a PSD of what you just created?

SandwichSpread

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 07:43:40 pm »
Added attachement - PDF file

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 07:44:21 pm »
It will be difficult to find a design that fits the price ticker, all the menues and a header etc... while staying simple.

But you are right, I will first get rid of all the weird colors who are remnants of the default theme (before I changed it)

NoobKidOnTheBlock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 01:49:28 pm »
I have to say I really like what you guys have come up with :) But I also think that SpreadCoin should work on creating a marketing team to bring this coin to the masses.  A couple examples I have thought of was first off having the community vote on a slogan for SpreadCoin, you know something that will make people want to check SpreadCoin out when they hear about it.  Also I was thinking that some physical objects for sale with the SpreadCoin logo on them would be another great idea to unify us SPREADERS!! Such items could go from T-shirts to Coffee Mugs and even Key chains all with the SpreadCoin logo on them :) I think we should conduct a vote regarding these marketing strategies and maybe even look into the possibility of introducting SpreadCoin to some real investors that would be looking to support a Crypto Currency as a possible payment plan and considering that SpreadCoin has one of the fastest transfer and confirmation times I have seen in almost any Cryptocurrency that maybe we could at least start trying to get some more people on board for that :) I don't know it's 8:00 am and I just woke up but those were a couple ideas I have had and would gladly help and contribute to making these dreams a reality :) Let me know what you guys think ;) Cheers

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 01:59:34 pm »
I have to say I really like what you guys have come up with :) But I also think that SpreadCoin should work on creating a marketing team to bring this coin to the masses.  A couple examples I have thought of was first off having the community vote on a slogan for SpreadCoin, you know something that will make people want to check SpreadCoin out when they hear about it.  Also I was thinking that some physical objects for sale with the SpreadCoin logo on them would be another great idea to unify us SPREADERS!! Such items could go from T-shirts to Coffee Mugs and even Key chains all with the SpreadCoin logo on them :) I think we should conduct a vote regarding these marketing strategies and maybe even look into the possibility of introducting SpreadCoin to some real investors that would be looking to support a Crypto Currency as a possible payment plan and considering that SpreadCoin has one of the fastest transfer and confirmation times I have seen in almost any Cryptocurrency that maybe we could at least start trying to get some more people on board for that :) I don't know it's 8:00 am and I just woke up but those were a couple ideas I have had and would gladly help and contribute to making these dreams a reality :) Let me know what you guys think ;) Cheers

All in good time, dear noobkid.
Once we are out of testphase (Shouldn't take much longer than a few weeks) and the masternodes actually perform a service (like instant transactions and more) we will eventually start promoting it like crazy.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 04:47:58 pm »
That's good to hear and know :) I will be here and totally be ready to help with the promoting and advertising and marketing of SpreadCoin with anyway that I can help :)

SandwichSpread

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 07:19:13 pm »
It will be difficult to find a design that fits the price ticker, all the menues and a header etc... while staying simple.

But you are right, I will first get rid of all the weird colors who are remnants of the default theme (before I changed it)

Good work on SCT, looks geat!

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 08:09:55 pm »

Good work on SCT, looks geat!

Thanks, simple and good.

njs811

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 07:33:30 pm »
There has been talk of a name change, but most of us realize that it is not possible to change the name without changing the coin.  What if we changed our color scheme to differentiate ourselves from Spreadcoin 1.0?

gjhiggins

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 08:13:59 pm »
There has been talk of a name change, but most of us realize that it is not possible to change the name without changing the coin.  What if we changed our color scheme to differentiate ourselves from Spreadcoin 1.0?

I haven't actually checked but I'm fairly confident that it's quite feasible to change all the exposed strings in the source code without disturbing the functioning of the blockchain.

* gjhiggins makes a note to self to check

The label by which we collectively refer to this particular instance of a bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency is purely our collective choice. There are no rules, period. (You'd think that trading symbols would be respected as unique reference tokens, but no, they get idiosyncratically treated - you'll find exchanges listing Silkcoin as “SILK”, whereas, last time I checked, the source code has “SC”.) So, feel free to continue to experiment with labels that you think convey the original spirit of Spreadcoin, or indeed a new spirit entirely.

Cheers

Graham

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 08:21:50 pm »
One of the top reasons I love spreadcoin so much is because of its name.

It clearly is the case that Mr. Spread has not only abandoned his dev work but also the whole project including the website and everything.
So I don't consider Spreadcoin his "property" anymore.

I want to recycle what's left and rebuild it, make it better.

Spreadcoin FTW.

We already have a brand, that we all love, so why change the name? Stop it.  8)