Author Topic: Masternodes Testing (Round 1)  (Read 115623 times)

minerpage

• Admin / Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Masternodes Testing
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2015, 10:14:45 pm »
If anyone can spare a 100tspr

myFanwSSgCoQw7WCrQkxDbYniPJnDeAwKX

I have HP DL580 dual cpu quad core server sitting on an OC-24 connection (gigabit optical), im curious to test the score on it now. If it performs well ill put it up as perm master node once it all goes live. An OC-24's not cheap ;)
Scores may not be very precisely calculated right now.

If scores were better for MNs running on better connections, and those MNs earned more, it would help encourage people to use VPS instances on a decent pipe, not run 27 MNs on their flaky home cable.

+1

SJRulez83

• Admin
  • IT Manager,Software Developer and Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2015, 10:15:30 pm »

I have HP DL580 dual cpu quad core server sitting on an OC-24 connection (gigabit optical), im curious to test the score on it now. If it performs well ill put it up as perm master node once it all goes live. An OC-24's not cheap ;)

Donation received,  assume that was yourself. It will be running 24/7 as long as the testing goes on. Bandwidth use accross the rest of servers I have is at its lowest at night but 7am to aroun 9pm it goes from about 10% upto about 70% ill have to stick QOS on this box during those times but I should be able to give it at least 50mbps min

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2015, 10:17:28 pm »
I'm very happy about how testing is going...

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2015, 10:19:14 pm »
As it looks, I can't use the coins of the about to be delisted MN for other MNs, even when this MN is no longer active.
I need an MN to completely disappear from the list, before I can use its money for other MN.

SJRulez83

• Admin
  • IT Manager,Software Developer and Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2015, 10:19:39 pm »

If scores were better for MNs running on better connections, and those MNs earned more, it would help encourage people to use VPS instances on a decent pipe, not run 27 MNs on their flaky home cable.

+1

Im hoping to gauge what effect a higher connection has, the latency on this line is virtually non existant and its peered with tier 2 carrier rather than an isp.

I also have a sh**y mini itx which incidentally mined my first SPR coins, ill run that with the same bandwidth from tomorrow to see what difference it makes (processing power), after a few days ill run then 24hrs on 10mbps/1mbps and then swap them

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2015, 10:20:26 pm »
My 211.11111111 masternode still hasn't dropped off the list despite being shut down well over an hour ago.

Mr. Spread

• Core Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2015, 10:21:30 pm »
My 211.11111111 masternode still hasn't dropped off the list despite being shut down well over an hour ago.
Press Update button

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2015, 10:22:36 pm »
Press Update button

I assume the update button will disappear eventually and be replaced with a 1 min interval, right? Why press a button.

def15

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2015, 10:25:20 pm »

It will continue to show as long as you have a 211.11111 chunk of coins in the same wallet.
Send the coins back to your self, and before 50 confirm's, split the coins and send to new address.

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2015, 10:25:55 pm »
Press Update button
Still shows on my masternode list.  Is it not showing on everyone else's?

Mr. Spread

• Core Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2015, 10:26:00 pm »
I assume the update button will disappear eventually and be replaced with a 1 min interval, right? Why press a button.
As it is implemented right now list if completely rebuild on update (i.e. all masternodes are removed and then added again), so if you scrolled down, selected some node and then press update you will see that your selection was dropped and you are again at the beginning of the list. If it was 1 minute interval it would be annoying. More smart update is necessary, there are also other changes that need to be made for GUI, e.g. sorting by column.

Mr. Spread

• Core Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2015, 10:27:01 pm »
Press Update button
But it is not elected, right? It's ok.

Strumpet!

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2015, 10:41:11 pm »
All you guys with many hundreds or thousands of tSPR should break it down and run many more MNs so we can test payments.

Mr. Spread

• Core Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2015, 10:43:53 pm »
So masternodes are slowly added to the list of elected masternodes as it should be.

Anyone wants to perform giveaways? I will send you several thousand coins so that you can distribute them to others on requests here and on irc.
Hint: don't try to distribute them on bitcointalk  :)

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2015, 10:44:06 pm »
Press Update button
But it is not elected, right? It's ok.
It is not elected, no.