Author Topic: Masternodes Testing (Round 1)  (Read 181747 times)

daddeo

• View Profile
Re: Masternodes Testing
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2015, 11:57:51 pm »
Thanks for the tSPR! Expect to see another 20 MNs in about an hour. :)

Got another 700 tSPR if anyone wants some.
Yes please!  ;D
n2AKuSZhdaSGV57aCc9Q3KRRxaHZ1UAzhd

minerpage

• Admin / Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2015, 12:03:08 am »
tSPR to moQi1ET81B9UrzUWV6cC1YwKWTaSZAgYB6 and I'll add another few MN's

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2015, 12:09:09 am »
Some of you are really stepping up.  Thank you for doing all you're doing.  We have a good community beginning to form!

SJRulez83

• Admin
  • IT Manager,Software Developer and Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2015, 12:11:24 am »
My current wish list in case the other thread is lost:

1.  On the overview screen have:

Available Balance: 100
Masternode Balance: 500
Total Balance: 600

2.  On the masternode screen, have the "Control" column be sortable when clicking on it.

3.  I will pay a 500 SPR bounty for a quality step by step guide to setting up a MN on a VPS.  Screenshots would be very helpful.

Send me a PM with what VPS you want to ue and ill take a look, if i can ill include pretty pictures lol.

daddeo

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2015, 12:12:27 am »
Could someone send me a few hundred so I can join in the fun and festivities.
n2AKuSZhdaSGV57aCc9Q3KRRxaHZ1UAzhd

Thank you in advance.

SJRulez83

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2015, 12:14:43 am »
Oh my god I have only have 1 bottle of Bulmers left.....(just to lighten the mood)

When SPR takes off i'll buy Bulmers or if it hits Bitcoin prices maybe a small country. lmfao

minerpage

• Admin / Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2015, 12:18:58 am »
Oh my god I have only have 1 bottle of Bulmers left.....(just to lighten the mood)

When SPR takes off i'll buy Bulmers or if it hits Bitcoin prices maybe a small country. lmfao

Live it up 8)

pokeytex

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2015, 12:20:09 am »
Just confirming - MrSpread - do i understand correctly that the lower the score on masternodes the better it is?  So having a .01 score is good?  Anyone can answer.

minerpage

• Admin / Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2015, 12:26:55 am »
Just confirming - MrSpread - do i understand correctly that the lower the score on masternodes the better it is?  So having a .01 score is good?  Anyone can answer.

Indeed... lower is better...

SJRulez83

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2015, 12:28:16 am »
If anyone can spare a 100tspr

myFanwSSgCoQw7WCrQkxDbYniPJnDeAwKX

I have HP DL580 dual cpu quad core server sitting on an OC-24 connection (gigabit optical), im curious to test the score on it now. If it performs well ill put it up as perm master node once it all goes live. An OC-24's not cheap ;)
Scores may not be very precisely calculated right now.

If scores were better for MNs running on better connections, and those MNs earned more, it would help encourage people to use VPS instances on a decent pipe, not run 27 MNs on their flaky home cable.

+1

Im hoping to gauge what effect a higher connection has, the latency on this line is virtually non existant and its peered with tier 2 carrier rather than an isp.

I also have a sh**y mini itx which incidentally mined my first SPR coins, ill run that with the same bandwidth from tomorrow to see what difference it makes (processing power), after a few days ill run then 24hrs on 10mbps/1mbps and then swap them

Every f**king time, the s**t rig has mined more coins than any of the other yet again!

Mr. Spread

• Core Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2015, 12:30:39 am »
georgem, this how it works, scores are computed by each wallet individually while votes are there to reach consensus on which masternodes should be elected. Therefore it is ok that scores may be different on different computers, it is votes and elected masternodes that must be the same.
Shortly after launch shown scores are incorrect because your wallet hasn't yet monitored the network long enough. It might be possible to save these scores so that if you just want to relaunch the wallet they will be preserved.

SJRulez83

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37:09 am »
georgem, this how it works, scores are computed by each wallet individually while votes are there to reach consensus on which masternodes should be elected. Therefore it is ok that scores may be different on different computers, it is votes and elected masternodes that must be the same.
Shortly after launch shown scores are incorrect because your wallet hasn't yet monitored the network long enough. It might be possible to save these scores so that if you just want to relaunch the wallet they will be preserved.

Forgive any ignorance, I understand the protocols and concepts but haven't dug into the code yet.

Does the wallet cache the information or actually store but wipe it on relaunch? Could it potentially be given a time to live setting?

gjhiggins

« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2015, 12:39:54 am »
A few hundred tspr to mkbkG7bvLEff2vHQQsnNtW5etfa2oYwHd2 would allow me to set a couple of additional mns.

Cheers

Graham

edit: received with thanks!

SJRulez83

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2015, 12:40:52 am »
Once the the control box is available on the Masternode screen and ticked are there any further steps?

minerpage

• Admin / Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2015, 12:44:51 am »
Once the the control box is available on the Masternode screen and ticked are there any further steps?

That's it...