Author Topic: Masternodes Testing (Round 1)  (Read 186018 times)

MyFarm

• View Profile
Re: Masternodes Testing
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2015, 04:30:38 am »
It looks like there are 168 MN's going currently.

This is one of those situations where I am hoping that there is no such thing as a stupid question...how do create a masternode?  I have enough coins.  I just think that I don't know how to edit the conf?

You're making it harder than you have to.

1.  Make sure you have the testnet client.

2.  Go to the "Receive" tab and create an address and copy it.

3.  Go to the "Send" tab and send 100+ tSPR to that address.

4.  After 50 confirmations, when you go to the masternode tab, your funded masternode should appear in the list with a check box in the "Control" column.  Check that box.

5.  Get your favorite booze and sit back and ponder just how fucking awesome Mr. Spread is.

MemoryShock

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2015, 04:32:54 am »

This is one of those situations where I am hoping that there is no such thing as a stupid question...how do create a masternode?  I have enough coins.  I just think that I don't know how to edit the conf?

4.  After 50 confirmations, when you go to the masternode tab, your funded masternode should appear in the list with a check box in the "Control" column.  Check that box.

5.  Get your favorite booze and sit back and ponder just how fucking Mr. Spread is.

In that case, the only thing I missed was the fifty confirmations.  Thank you...and I suppose that shot will be raised in the air to such a preponderance... :)

Edit - at 22 confirms

daddeo

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2015, 04:33:39 am »

5.  Get your favorite booze and sit back and ponder just how fucking awesome Mr. Spread is.

The beauty is you don't have to edit a conf file if you don't want to. Assuming you have at least one address with 100 or more coins in it, all you do is scroll down the masternode list and tick the box in the control column. That's it. I'm having a hard time believing it's that easy but it is.

Edit: MyFarm beat me to it.

girino

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2015, 04:35:24 am »
Has anyone been successful in generating a mnsecret yet? I keep getting errors. I thought this was key to setting up a local/remote setup in where you could keep the coins in cold storage. I was going to try it with two different machines. Perhaps it's not implemented yet?

the help is not very good for mnsecret. What you need to do is:
find the transaction you used to transfer the funds to yourself:
./spreadcoin listtransactions
find out what is the output you want from this transaction (by trial and error, starting with 0, check if the output address is yur address and that the value matches)
./spreadcoin gettxout <long_tx_id_copied_from_above> 0
./spreadcoin gettxout <long_tx_id_copied_from_above> 1
./spreadcoin gettxout <long_tx_id_copied_from_above> 2
./spreadcoin gettxout <long_tx_id_copied_from_above> N
now you have: txid and outputnumber, use
./spreadcoin mnsecret <txid>:<output_number>

MemoryShock

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2015, 04:35:50 am »
The beauty is you don't have to edit a conf file if you don't want to. Assuming you have at least one address with 100 or more coins in it, all you do is scroll down the masternode list and tick the box in the control column. That's it. I'm having a hard time believing it's that easy but it is.

I'm kind of surprised too...I expected something else.  Happy Surprised...

With all this new found time, I am going to create 3 more MN's with the remaining test coins in my balance...

JesseLivermore

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2015, 04:36:09 am »

No need to hit the 'update' button after 50 confirms?

snogcel

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2015, 04:40:46 am »
Has anyone been successful in generating a mnsecret yet? I keep getting errors. I thought this was key to setting up a local/remote setup in where you could keep the coins in cold storage. I was going to try it with two different machines. Perhaps it's not implemented yet?

find out what is the output you want from this transaction (by trial and error, starting with 0, check if the output address is yur address and that the value matches)

this worked for me as well

question - do we know for sure that mnstart=... is required in the spreadcoin.conf file? It didn't seem to do anything by adding that flag, eventually got my node onto the list by triggering ./spreadcoind mnstart <<mnsecret output>>. I assume this is only when the wallet.dat doesn't actually contain the coins or something?

Edit: wow, GUI startup of masternode is ridiculously easy. split my 200 test coins into two so I could compare the process :-)

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2015, 04:47:06 am »

No need to hit the 'update' button after 50 confirms?

If your masternode isn't showing for some reason after 50 confirms, I'd give that sucker a good mashing, yes.

daddeo

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2015, 04:47:44 am »

I was able to create what I believe is a mnsecret number by following what xojex suggested on the last page.
By finding the masternode output number under the "output" column next to my masternode and then typing: mnsecret "output number", without the quotes, in the console.

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2015, 04:53:01 am »
I'm going to be unavailable for about 5-6 hours.  Will anyone here be available for that time that can send tSPR to newcomers?  If so, let me know and I'll send you a couple thousands to cover them.

daddeo

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2015, 04:57:16 am »

question - do we know for sure that mnstart=... is required in the spreadcoin.conf file? It didn't seem to do anything by adding that flag, eventually got my node onto the list by triggering ./spreadcoind mnstart <<mnsecret output>>. I assume this is only when the wallet.dat doesn't actually contain the coins or something?

Edit: wow, GUI startup of masternode is ridiculously easy. split my 200 test coins into two so I could compare the process :-)

This is what I got doing it the way I described earlier:
b3f4662ace3e850eaa5d1d92ebd7a11a8eecf391226a713ea84deb29b6089e5f:0:1b39776b442f13039016fa3e782a7a7e73524cb49178c1628a25122300b1d5a42aaad50803938ca374a05738bbaf6d0f08b63349b993fa58cb91ce1bd868ebcfb5:92VyeSmhJQqJP2inCqjTkKTUXPQbSimLm9hDbiZKsYSDL8GmRs2

The green is my output #. I guess the rest is the secret key. Does this look similar to what you get doing it as girino described?

snogcel

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2015, 05:00:49 am »

This is what I got doing it the way I described earlier:
b3f4662ace3e850eaa5d1d92ebd7a11a8eecf391226a713ea84deb29b6089e5f:0:1b39776b442f13039016fa3e782a7a7e73524cb49178c1628a25122300b1d5a42aaad50803938ca374a05738bbaf6d0f08b63349b993fa58cb91ce1bd868ebcfb5:92VyeSmhJQqJP2inCqjTkKTUXPQbSimLm9hDbiZKsYSDL8GmRs2

The green is my output #. I guess the rest is the secret key. Does this look similar to what you get doing it as girino described?

yep that looks right to me -- I just realized that I took a bit of a shortcut when doing the above.

./spreadcoind mnsecret 124ad2be06321ca9881540818f2aad639ab963de410f8e267679c9d07833431f:2 // didn't work, gave error
./spreadcoind mnsecret 124ad2be06321ca9881540818f2aad639ab963de410f8e267679c9d07833431f:0 // didn't work, gave error
./spreadcoind mnsecret 124ad2be06321ca9881540818f2aad639ab963de410f8e267679c9d07833431f:1 // worked

not sure if there is any drawback to taking this approach but just fyi

daddeo

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2015, 05:02:46 am »
I'm going to be unavailable for about 5-6 hours.  Will anyone here be available for that time that can send tSPR to newcomers?  If so, let me know and I'll send you a couple thousands to cover them.
I myself am off to bed but if you don't mind, I'd like to set up a few more tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
mfaX4iFhjTvq3QLpHCuhXHo5459E9j8xUH

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2015, 05:06:30 am »
I myself am off to bed but if you don't mind, I'd like to set up a few more tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
mfaX4iFhjTvq3QLpHCuhXHo5459E9j8xUH
Sent 350 tSPR

daddeo

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2015, 05:07:03 am »
Sweet! Just mined my first testnet block.  8)  And on that note, I'm off to bed. Goodnight.