Author Topic: Masternodes Testing (Round 1)  (Read 185621 times)

SJRulez83

• Admin
  • IT Manager,Software Developer and Geek
    • View Profile
Re: Masternodes Testing
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2015, 11:47:05 am »
Please someone send me some SPR

muLiTUvgkpPLv71auktACM1DqEHSozMJP4

I want to install on servers now, I don't think it's a good idea to try on my windows desktops again.

I've sent 300 over to you

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:26 am »
Please someone send me some SPR

muLiTUvgkpPLv71auktACM1DqEHSozMJP4

I want to install on servers now, I don't think it's a good idea to try on my windows desktops again.

I've sent 300 over to you

Thanks.

RenegadeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2015, 12:07:31 pm »
If you look on the MN list there's three showing votes of over 41%, substantially above all the others which are 1.66667 or 3.3333% One of these MNs is mine at mtgaDYMeZiCSTyxvZHm4BtmNjBRWX72pEV.

I'm running this on a fairly low-end Toshiba laptop with Win 8.1 (Intel® Core™ i5 processor 3210M (2.5 GHz - 3.1 GHz, 1600MHz FSB, 3MB L3 Cache) and I even have it mining too on a single thread (15.83 kh/s lightning!).

How would I be getting such a high vote percentage on this test MN?

Edit: Mmmm....must have been a temporary glitch. It (and the other two) have returned back down to 1.6667%

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2015, 12:09:09 pm »
If you look on the MN list there's three showing votes of over 41%, substantially above all the others which are 1.66667 or 3.3333% One of these MNs is mine at mtgaDYMeZiCSTyxvZHm4BtmNjBRWX72pEV.

I'm running this on a fairly low-end Toshiba laptop with Win 8.1 (Intel® Core™ i5 processor 3210M (2.5 GHz - 3.1 GHz, 1600MHz FSB, 3MB L3 Cache) and I even have it mining too on a single thread (15.83 kh/s lightning!).

how many coins does your MN have, so I can find it faster?

RenegadeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2015, 12:11:20 pm »

how many coins does your MN have, so I can find it faster?

105 (see my edit, vote percentage has gone right down now)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2015, 12:15:02 pm »

Voting % is very unique to every wallet. E.g. my wallet shows your MN with only 1.6666% vote.

That's the thing with voting, and why it is decentralized. My wallet/mn has its own opinion about how "good" your MN is.

But my wallet probably also shows such a low vote % number for your MN because my wallet hasn't been running that long. (only for about an hour now).

EDIT: Oops, in your last post, I clicked on modify instead of quote, that's why it shows "last edited by georgem".... will not happen again.

RenegadeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2015, 12:21:31 pm »

Voting % is very unique to every wallet. E.g. my wallet shows your MN with only 1.6666% vote.

That's the thing with voting, and why it is decentralized. My wallet/mn has its own opinion about how "good" your MN is.

But my wallet probably also shows such a low vote % number for your MN because my wallet hasn't been running that long. (only for about an hour now).

EDIT: Oops, in your last post, I clicked on modify instead of quote, that's why it shows "last edited by georgem".... will not happen again.

Okay, I understand. Interesting though that it (my wallet) had this sudden opinion that my MN and two others (not mine) were at above 41% when everything else was either 1.6667 or 3.3333. Seems a bit odd. Maybe Mr Spread will chime in when he reads this.

(no problem on the edit, understand what happened)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2015, 12:23:49 pm »
is there a way to find out how many incoming and outgoing connections my wallet has?

getinfo simply shows "connections"... which never seems to go higher than 8 anyway, atleast for a qtwallet.

Namsbreh

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 28, 2015, 12:25:25 pm »
Please can someone send me some test coins?  mpQYVNJQGXU8vGKy8gJA3bekceBxYdxTus

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2015, 12:29:33 pm »

Okay, I understand. Interesting though that it (my wallet) had this sudden opinion that my MN and two others (not mine) were at above 41% when everything else was either 1.6667 or 3.3333. Seems a bit odd. Maybe Mr Spread will chime in when he reads this.

Your MN is already elected, right? In this case a high vote % might have another meaning, and not a good one.
In this case when an elected MN reaches 50% voting it means it is about to get de-elected again. (if I understood Mr. Spread correctly)

If you are not elected and get to 50% votes, then you get elected.
If you are elected and you get to 50% votes, then you lose your election.

It's like voting to get you in, and voting to get you out.

SandwichSpread

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2015, 12:33:48 pm »
Hey guys, first of all great job!
Can the (test)MasterNodes only be run on Windows? I like to help and run the (test)MasterNodes, but I have a Mac.
What would you recommend?
Thanks
SpreadCoin address: SiCMKGPLsRPKnZ5jCVHgGgGba1ew2DLShv

RenegadeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2015, 12:40:04 pm »

Your MN is already elected, right? In this case a high vote % might have another meaning, and not a good one.
In this case when an elected MN reaches 50% voting it means it is about to get de-elected again. (if I understood Mr. Spread correctly)

If you are not elected and get to 50% votes, then you get elected.
If you are elected and you get to 50% votes, then you lose your election.

It's like voting to get you in, and voting to get you out.

So (potentially) there's two voting processes. One votes MN's to be "in" (part of the network) and then an opposing process votes MNs to be dropped? And maybe with the limited numbers of MNs on testnet although I was being voted to be dropped it didn't actually go through with the dropping?

Interesting; Will be pleased to understand how this works.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2015, 12:43:35 pm »
So (potentially) there's two voting processes. One votes MN's to be "in" (part of the network) and then an opposing process votes MNs to be dropped? And maybe with the limited numbers of MNs on testnet although I was being voted to be dropped it didn't actually go through with the dropping?

Interesting; Will be pleased to understand how this works.

Well you need to have had a voting of >=50% to trigger the election / dropping, if you reached only 41% then nothing is going to happen yet. It might just aswell go back to 10% in a few minutes, who knows.

Strumpet!

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2015, 12:44:04 pm »
All my 19 of my  100 tSPR MN's were elected overnight, client seems stable, and my laptop changed ISP's by itself at least once during that time (there are several connections available to it.)

I'll have a go at getting things set up on a VPS later today.

My earlier question about tieing MN secrets to specific addresses seems to have been answered, you run 'mnsecret <outputhash>:<n>' which can be copy/pasted from the QT client or found from the block explorer   :)

RenegadeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2015, 12:44:16 pm »
Lonecrouton are you on here at the moment?

Earlier today you mentioned you'd compiled for Ubuntu 14.04 and it worked fine.

Are you able to put that version up somewhere where I can download? I don't know how to do a compile. If it's relatively simple perhaps you can explain or, if too complex, make what you've done available if possible. I'd like to deploy it onto my Ubuntu VPS to see how it goes.

Thanks.