Author Topic: Masternodes Testing (Round 1)  (Read 115616 times)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Masternodes Testing
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 08:16:13 pm »
Anyway, I have now started my 3 MNs... let's see what happens.

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 08:17:52 pm »
Everyone running multiple MNs from one box isn't good for network security. We could end up with the ten richest guys running a hundred each on just ten beefy and well connected boxes.
I'm suspecting that since MN are so easy to setup that we'll need a cap of 2000 instead of 1000.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 08:18:26 pm »
Everyone running multiple MNs from one box isn't good for network security. We could end up with the ten richest guys running a hundred each on just ten beefy and well connected boxes.

running multiple MNs will be very very expensive, and if you think about creating many 100 SPR masternodes the competition will soon kick your masternodes off the race.

For testing purposes it is fine to run the masternodes from the same wallet.

Mr. Spread

• Core Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 08:19:05 pm »
Mr. Spread, if I have multiple masternodes and got multiple mnsecrets, shall I put all of them in .conf file on my vps like:
rpcpassword=...
mnstart=...
mnstart=...
?
yes

Mr. Spread

• Core Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »
Is this an error?

I sent 300 coins to my own address. And it still shows the self-transaction as 0.0.

But the real problem is, that while this 300 SPR masternode has appeared on the list, there are also 2 other masternodes that have appeared the same time, one with 155 and one with 144 spr.

This looks like an error.

myGBPs7t9PmmMnuvXz7d3MS5zyTQG69fGE
Probably you posted your address and I have sent you some coins, that's why they appeared there

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 08:20:54 pm »
Are the IPs of masternodes in any way being broadcast to the network right now?  If I give my MN address or coin total, can you guys tell the IP associated with it?

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 08:21:53 pm »
I'm suspecting that since MN are so easy to setup that we'll need a cap of 2000 instead of 1000.

Let's see what happens, I still advocate for a slowly growing max number, derived from (all available coins)/1000, so that in a few years it will allow for more than 10k and in 2100 it will reach the maximum of 21k mns.

e1ghtSpace

• Part of the 2 year club
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 08:22:13 pm »
Here's my address: mvtpu326jXGvzYpYpTdL55RKxLu29oFvYU

Thanks!
We just have to wait.

Strumpet!

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 08:22:29 pm »
How do you tie mnsecret keys to addresses or address aliases? Running multiple DRK MNs from one wallet was problematic until you cound specify <alias> <mnsecret> (and some other stuff that SPR seems to take care of automatically) in the .conf file.

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 08:23:16 pm »

Let's see what happens, I still advocate for a slowly growing max number, derived from (all available coins)/1000, so that in a few years it will allow for more than 10k and in 2100 it will reach the maximum of 21k mns.

I'm for some sort of smart equation.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 08:24:11 pm »
Are the IPs of masternodes in any way being broadcast to the network right now?  If I give my MN address or coin total, can you guys tell the IP associated with it?

Not from within the qt wallet.
And if I do a "help" in the command line I see no command that would list the masternodes in any way... this doesn't exist yet.

sony87

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 08:24:19 pm »
trying to mine with GPU on testnet but list the solo IP as dead :( strange, if anyone have some coins: mxiYj4xSYLy2TdQ2wpmgtnimuLVDanRiv3

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 08:26:08 pm »

I'm for some sort of smart equation.

smart sounds fun, but will it be predictable? My formula will let you exactly know at any day what the max is.

Strumpet!

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 08:26:19 pm »

Not from within the qt wallet.
And if I do a "help" in the command line I see no command that would list the masternodes in any way... this doesn't exist yet.

You can see the IPs in the debug log.

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 08:29:35 pm »
My current wish list in case the other thread is lost:

1.  On the overview screen have:

Available Balance: 100
Masternode Balance: 500
Total Balance: 600

2.  On the masternode screen, have the "Control" column be sortable when clicking on it.

3.  I will pay a 500 SPR bounty for a quality step by step guide to setting up a MN on a VPS.  Screenshots would be very helpful.