Author Topic: New members of the SpreadCoin development team  (Read 10487 times)

Gladimor

• Marketing
    • View Profile
New members of the SpreadCoin development team
« on: March 08, 2015, 12:32:33 am »
Dear SpreadCoin community,

Recently several of you have stepped forward to take the reins of development from the now-gone Mr.Spread.

Since I plan on creating a new announcement thread for SPR, I'll need to take down the names (usernames) of the people that have volunteered for this effort  :)

The names of the members of the new dev team as well as their role will be publicly visible in the OP, allowing remaining/future investors, enthusiasts, and supporters to see who the navigators of this ship are.

Please reply here if you are/want to be on the new development team, as well as your role. If you guys would like, I'd gladly take on the role of community manager.

Best,
Adam

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New members of the SpreadCoin development team
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:41:56 pm »
Hi adam,

ATM elbandi, gjhiggins and I (georgem) are actively working on spreadcoin.

The new BCT ANN thread will probably be created by the most active developer, probably by using a new user account so that the credentials can be shared among all devs, so that we can avoid the same desaster we now have with Mr. Spreads dead account.

Stay tuned, we will probably need a few more weeks before we will do the new ANN thread.

def15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:00:02 pm »
Hi adam,

The new BCT ANN thread will probably be created by the most active developer, probably by using a new user account so that the credentials can be shared among all devs, so that we can avoid the same desaster we now have with Mr. Spreads dead account.

Stay tuned, we will probably need a few more weeks before we will do the new ANN thread.

Cool, will you be releasing your version of MN's?

Gladimor

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 05:58:48 pm »
Yea, a universal SpreadCoin account that most of us have access to was the idea I had in my head :D

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 06:29:40 pm »
Hi adam,

Yes, the goal is to have our own completely different kind of MN.

def15

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 02:08:51 am »
Hi adam,

Well, good luck with that!

Ill be there for testing  8)

chrysophylax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 03:29:38 am »
Hi adam,

Well, good luck with that!

Ill be there for testing  8)

same ...

always in for a good test session ;) ...

#crysx
GRN - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . page - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718939 . email - crysx@gnxs.com .

SJRulez83

• Admin
  • IT Manager,Software Developer and Geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 09:06:49 am »
I'll try and become more active over the coming weeks, unfortunately Im heavily tied up with work at the moment which is limiting my time (were opening new offices all over england).

Gladimor

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 07:56:41 pm »
People were suggesting name changes back in the original ANN- what are your opinions on that matter?

njs811

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 01:57:56 am »
People were suggesting name changes back in the original ANN- what are your opinions on that matter?

Would a name change make it look like we are covering up something?

gjhiggins

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 12:03:13 pm »
Would a name change make it look like we are covering up something?

No, because it wouldn't be merely a change of name, it would be part of a branding exercise, just like the one Darkcoin is having to undertake atm. I was/am impressed with Mr Spread's engineering skill but launching yet another <something>coin demonstrates that he's refreshingly uncontaminated by any knowledge of marketing principles or technique.

I posted this in the bct thread:

I'm always impressed by the sheer power of cognitive dissonance and how it prevents people from putting 2 and 2 together in the simplest fashion. Dogecoin is unique in having a senior marketing professional as co-developer. Dogecoin's adoption stats are uniquely standout. Of the tiny handful of people I've encountered in this domain who understand that these two facts are causally related, not one is a dev.

I'll make the point plainly - Dogecoin has a standout adoption rate because Jackson Palmer is a marketing pro and not because Dogecoin has any compelling technical quality.

I maintain a catalogue of altcoin metadata; there have been over 2000 altcoins launched other than Dogecoin and collectively they display all kinds of variations in technical advancement. None of the adoption rates even approach that of Dogecoin.

That's 2000+ examples of the fact that where adoption is concerned, technical aspects play only a minor role in an altcoin's success.

The current “cult of the dev” is profoundly misconceived.

Cheers

Graham

Erkallys

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 03:18:05 pm »
Nice idea ! As for me I can manage the French community and translate some posts !
Donation : Scmhgngf56XMEnh1q2KgM7k2SKeFfpvpAF

njs811

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 11:16:26 pm »
It would perhaps be beneficial to makeup a list of things which need to be accomplished as far as marketing is concerned.

Gladimor

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 12:29:19 am »
It would perhaps be beneficial to makeup a list of things which need to be accomplished as far as marketing is concerned.

As soon as the new ANN is in place, I will be very active on the twitter account.

Gladimor

• Marketing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 12:44:17 am »
In addition, I could try to arrange for a PR storm once MNs are ready to be pushed to the main network.