Author Topic: GenesisExtractor - I'm getting asked to 'rebuild the blockchain'  (Read 2873 times)

def15

• View Profile
I'm getting asked to 'rebuild the blockchain' with most coins and it's interrupting the Gen Extractor. Can i avoid this?

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
Re: GenesisExtractor - I'm getting asked to 'rebuild the blockchain'
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 03:52:02 am »
I'm getting asked to 'rebuild the blockchain' with most coins and it's interrupting the Gen Extractor. Can i avoid this?

Can you check and see if all coins are closed (not running) when you restart the genesis extractor next time?

If the problem persists, try and limit it to the coin the causes the problem, by only checking one coin at a time.

If something unexpected happens, the most important thing you must do is check in the taskmanager if the coin is still running!
If yes, you need to kill its process yourself.

def15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 12:03:28 pm »

Can you check and see if all coins are closed (not running) when you restart the genesis extractor next time?

If the problem persists, try and limit it to the coin the causes the problem, by only checking one coin at a time.

If something unexpected happens, the most important thing you must do is check in the taskmanager if the coin is still running!

I did as you said adn it worked.

Got another problem tho. Some QT's/coind's need dll files to work. It seems you need to unpack the whole contents of a wallet for some to work. EG  Maxcoin!

Can you advise? thanks

Edit- I currently have 13, lol, working and ready to go qts.

Pathetic i know haha, but this is not a quick task, we need as many people on this as possible and your list of scanned wallets will help out greatly.

I will keep testing and adding working qts to my 'working' folder. I also have a 'not working' folder which has a few in there.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 02:21:02 pm »

I did as you said adn it worked.

Got another problem tho. Some QT's/coind's need dll files to work. It seems you need to unpack the whole contents of a wallet for some to work. EG  Maxcoin!

Can you advise? thanks

Edit- I currently have 13, lol, working and ready to go qts.

Pathetic i know haha, but this is not a quick task, we need as many people on this as possible and your list of scanned wallets will help out greatly.

I will keep testing and adding working qts to my 'working' folder. I also have a 'not working' folder which has a few in there.

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, when you go with the QT of a coin you will sometimes need all dll's (and even folders like /platforms) that you will all have to paste in the /daemons folder too, or else the coin won't function.

That's why it's preferable to go with a lightweight daemon, which often are just one small file.

def15

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 02:43:22 pm »
I'v kind of noticed that some qt's wont work but the coind will. But not on all. I will leave those and make a note of the ones i'v had trouble with.

I should have around 25 ready tonight...

Is it better to save them and just publish a huge list? Or a few at a time?

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 02:45:54 pm »
I'v kind of noticed that some qt's wont work but the coind will. But not on all. I will leave those and make a note of the ones i'v had trouble with.

Doesn't matter at the moment.
When I have the list ready and more people participate, we will figure the best way out.

def15

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 04:47:13 pm »

Doesn't matter at the moment.

When I have the list ready and more people participate, we will figure the best way out.

Your the man, G!