Author Topic: Main discussion thread (similar to BCT)  (Read 17025 times)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
Main discussion thread (similar to BCT)
« on: September 06, 2016, 01:44:51 pm »
Feel free to talk any way you like in this thread here.
Think of it as a "main thread" similar to the one on BCT.

Any news/updates that I post in the main thread on BCT, I will also post in that main thread here.

When a discussion needs to be discussed in more detail we can create a thread in one of the subforums.

Alright then.  :)

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
Re: Main discussion thread (similar to BCT)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 03:18:50 pm »

Any news/updates that I post in the main thread on BCT, I will also post in that main thread here.

When a discussion needs to be discussed in more detail we can create a thread in one of the subforums.

First! Hell yea. Thanks Georgem!

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 03:22:34 pm »
Minerpage you out there??

dcascio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 03:29:15 pm »
Can you post the .bat file you are running the sgminer with. Also what exactly is your GPU? I'm guessing that you didn't set the .conf file and rpc settings.

Basically, in your spreadcoin.conf (should be located in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\ - if there is none, simply create a .txt document, call it spreadcoin and change the extension to .conf) file you need to paste this:

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=41677
port=41678
daemon=1
server=1

Than your sgminer should look like this:

Code:
sgminer -o "http://127.0.0.1:41677" -u user -p x --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 64 -g 2 -I 11

Last thing, create a shortcut of spreadcoin.exe (wallet) and add -server to the location of spreadcoin. Launch with shortcut so we make sure your wallet starts on server mode.

Use this miner btw, some old versions doesn't support spreadalgo.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/3911-new-spreadcoin-sgminer-fork-with-higher-performance-for-amd-miners/

I was given these instructions to setup mining but it is not working. I am running an AMD Radeon 6970. I keep getting an error saying no GPUs useable cannot mine. My spreadcoin.conf and sgminer.bat files are setup exactly like this.
SPR Address => STHueBBwbYMiYxNr6761MSA8tUrwFY5hh2

dcascio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »
Also @georgem I know a Dev at EmpoEX exchange. He'd probably add SPR if I asked him to.  Do you think any of the trade volume would go there if they added it?

minerpage

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 04:07:50 pm »

Greetings... this is a much better place to live than the BCT troll jungle... let's rebuild our community here with only real people, ready to move mountains (and Service Nodes) ;)

minerpage

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 04:09:51 pm »
First! Hell yea. Thanks Georgem!
Great idea, looking forward to many updates, even minimal progression is welcome... there is a lot of support here for Georgem's development effort, let's build on it and disrupt the marketplace!

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 04:36:35 pm »
Also @georgem I know a Dev at EmpoEX exchange. He'd probably add SPR if I asked him to.  Do you think any of the trade volume would go there if they added it?

Hey, you can "recommend" SPR anyway you like. But I can't promise you that it will have any desired effect.

I guess the more people get interested the more the message is spread. That's for sure.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 04:36:54 pm »
Stay tuned guys. Large update coming soon.  :)

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 05:16:30 pm »

Greetings... this is a much better place to live than the BCT troll jungle... let's rebuild our community here with only real people, ready to move mountains (and Service Nodes) ;)

Nice!

It will be great to move a lot of the real community over here. BCT only really serves the purpose of garnering SPR attention. Once things take off, this thread will be far better IMO.  ;D

Glad to see you're still around!

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 05:18:01 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Looking forward to it!

dcascio

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 05:39:03 pm »
So i completely discarded and uninstalled everything from my cpu including my GPU drivers. I am running an AMD Radeon 6970. Where would you start with the setup process? Is there a certain driver or catalyst version I should install? What is the purpose for installing the AMD SDK?

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 05:47:12 pm »
So i completely discarded and uninstalled everything from my cpu including my GPU drivers. I am running an AMD Radeon 6970. Where would you start with the setup process? Is there a certain driver or catalyst version I should install? What is the purpose for installing the AMD SDK?

I can't help much with this. But I would crosspost in bitcointalk if I were you - there seem to be a larger number of miners there who may be able to help. Posting in both won't hurt.

pokeytex

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 09:40:48 pm »

I sure like the sound of that!  ;D

dcascio

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 03:23:34 am »

I can't help much with this. But I would crosspost in bitcointalk if I were you - there seem to be a larger number of miners there who may be able to help. Posting in both won't hurt.

I posted in there as well but they all seem too interested in sorting out the trolls lol. I just want to mine. I'm thinking the drivers I had installed weren't compatable with the miner.