Author Topic: Main discussion thread (similar to BCT)  (Read 16770 times)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Main discussion thread (similar to BCT)
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2017, 11:22:05 pm »
@georgem
Tnx for screenie ;)

I don't care about the room temp itself, just wanted the gpu ambient temp. for a comparision as I said... My gpu is also in an open rig and not in a gpu sandwich.

You are welcome.

I need to do a lot more tweaking before I will be 100% happy, but I am very pleased with the hardware.

But the software.... meh!  :P

crypticj

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2017, 07:40:38 am »
Hey guys I just posted the blockchain for spreadcoin

https://mega.nz/#!F3AhHQib!HiHfdeB1DCWYUzjeonDGkXkZsOnLBe2rwqyC9cERPp8

It took me 20 hours to sync my wallet to start mining and i have 300MB/s internet so her is the blockchain upto 1.410 Million Blocks Hope that helps.

Here is more details:
http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=773.0

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2017, 12:40:49 am »
Short update: Here are a few new pics of the raspberry pi cluster.

More to come soon.

pokeytex

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2017, 01:57:44 am »
Short update: Here are a few new pics of the raspberry pi cluster.

More to come soon.

That's what I am talking about!  Sweet setup!  Looking like a mini city in there!

dotcommie

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2017, 03:34:05 am »
Hey George, I keep forgetting to come here instead of BTCtalk, but those updates are great. Do you have any more updates for us?

Also, have you talked or collaborated with the Blocknet guys in the past?  You're both working on similar things, but I'm curious to know how your plans differ compared to theirs. They're totally cool with any coin integrating with them, so I think maybe your current ideas will be easier to implement by simply using the p2p link through blocknet instead of the genesis block key stuff that clonecoins fail to change?  I'm thinking you may also have some good ideas for their dev, atcsecure, since you guys were basically the first ones to start working on these things.

Anyways, hope things are going well with the testing!

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2017, 12:51:20 pm »
You're both working on similar things, ...

No, we are not.

BTW, the only other coin I would want to participate in is Bitcoin.  ;)

The only exception to that are other SpreadX11 based coins, ... once they appear I will be willing to cooperate with them.  8)

dotcommie

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2017, 01:25:55 am »
You're both working on similar things, ...

No, we are not.

BTW, the only other coin I would want to participate in is Bitcoin.  ;)

The only exception to that are other SpreadX11 based coins, ... once they appear I will be willing to cooperate with them.  8)

Well I meant similar in that you're both focusing on networking. Just seemed like maybe a good fit.

Anyways, do you have any plans for an update on activities or where you're seeing this go in the next months/years?  The btctalk thread misses you ;)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2017, 03:09:19 pm »
Well I meant similar in that you're both focusing on networking.

Networking?  :o

The btctalk thread misses you ;)

I'm on the bitcointalk forum everyday, just mostly spending time reading up on technical stuff.

I will address questions about spreadcoin, mining spreadcoin and the tools I'm working on,
but I am not interested in Helium (HLM) and other coins that are being constantly thrown around (as you just demonstrated).
Those have nothing to do with my work or spreadcoin.

BTW, if you want updates about what I am working on, just read my recent posts, for example:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.msg19039841#msg19039841

dotcommie

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2017, 11:54:28 am »
Well I meant similar in that you're both focusing on networking.

Networking?  :o

The btctalk thread misses you ;)

I'm on the bitcointalk forum everyday, just mostly spending time reading up on technical stuff.

I will address questions about spreadcoin, mining spreadcoin and the tools I'm working on,
but I am not interested in Helium (HLM) and other coins that are being constantly thrown around (as you just demonstrated).
Those have nothing to do with my work or spreadcoin.

BTW, if you want updates about what I am working on, just read my recent posts, for example:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.msg19039841#msg19039841

In a general sense, yeah. I meant focusing on everything flowing like in your roadmap pic on the left there. I guess I'm not clear on the current vision then despite following and mining spread from day 1, but I'll dig through everything again and see if I can get a better understanding of it all then ;)

I don't remember if the Pi pics and whatnot were posted in btctalk thread, so i may share them over there now that there are more eyes on SPR currently due to price action. (Just popping in over there would make the actual fans of you and Spread a lot more confident in spread's future though, that's all I'm sayin in that regard.)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 25, 2017, 03:16:15 pm »
In a general sense, yeah.

Yes, lots of stuff needs to change.
I'm not saying that I'm happy with how things are right now.
There are too many loose ends everywhere, forum needs to be updated, website still references old stuff etc..

And as if that wasn't enough, we have an ongoing Altcoin-Bubble and ICO-Mania that distorts everything,
and god knows what maneuvers the HLM-people (who own an insane amount of SPR) will do to influence the price of Spreadcoin, lol.
It's gonna be a wild ride, ...

Everybody be careful.

Meanwhile I'm working on solutions.
More to come soon.  :D

dotcommie

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2017, 04:00:08 pm »
In a general sense, yeah.

Yes, lots of stuff needs to change.
I'm not saying that I'm happy with how things are right now.
There are too many loose ends everywhere, forum needs to be updated, website still references old stuff etc..

And as if that wasn't enough, we have an ongoing Altcoin-Bubble and ICO-Mania that distorts everything,
and god knows what maneuvers the HLM-people (who own an insane amount of SPR) will do to influence the price of Spreadcoin, lol.
It's gonna be a wild ride, ...

Everybody be careful.

Meanwhile I'm working on solutions.
More to come soon.  :D

Great to hear man. Every update you give is great when you give it, some people just expect them more often in order to stick with a coin. 

I personally don't care as long as I know the devs are actually working on it. Like Blocknet for example. Everyone assumed there wasn't much going on for a while cause the dev was working and not updating much, but then they got a guy to very occasionally update btctalk or answer questions and people started trickling back in. It appeared to many people that not much was happening for 1-2 years when the thread wasn't too active, but now they've almost got 90% of it completed.

I'll still be here patiently waiting regardless of updates, so take your time and release when it's ready 8)  I do have more free time now though so if you need help with any of that information/marketing/etc stuff you mentioned, I'm good with that sort of thing.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 26, 2017, 08:47:39 am »
I'll still be here patiently waiting regardless of updates, so take your time and release when it's ready 8) ...

Great.

Meanwhile we have a net hashrate of 6 GH/s.
That's a new all time high.  8)

kraterion

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 26, 2017, 06:01:00 pm »
Everything went down but not SPR ;D

TornCr

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2017, 02:24:33 am »
Hello all! I'm new to mining and want to join the mining SpreadCoin. Prompt, please, where can I get information on how to configure your miner and start mining SpreadCoin?

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2017, 01:56:25 pm »
Hello all! I'm new to mining and want to join the mining SpreadCoin. Prompt, please, where can I get information on how to configure your miner and start mining SpreadCoin?

I suggest you watch this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDzpiBLDcA&feature=youtu.be