Author Topic: Main discussion thread (similar to BCT)  (Read 21544 times)

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
Re: Main discussion thread (similar to BCT)
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2016, 05:38:06 pm »
"There are hardly ever many sell walls up since miners usually just dump on the market, so even tiny amounts of BTC push the price way up. Fun to watch"

SPR community used to be about HODL and work on increase value.

Not sure who the dumpers are but I've been trying to help the price go up and provide some volume in these past 2 days but don't see much support.

Guess for every action there's someone who feels there needs to be an opposite reaction. Whomever countered my efforts on Bittrex: go spend the money and gloat about your "windfall". I'll try again later when it's a little more mature.

Guess we need some more convincing to explain the value to some "investors" 8)

I will be helping out in a couple of weeks, unfortunately, that is quite possibly too late. I have a few other holdings worth a solid amount of BTC and am hoping to trade those and come back to SPR.

I have some very small amounts of SPR to sell but I really don't want to. This new Bittrex policy sort of forces trading or else.  :(

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2016, 05:39:41 pm »
There are hardly ever many sell walls up since miners usually just dump on the market, so even tiny amounts of BTC push the price way up. Fun to watch  ;D

BTW will the bittrex delisting warning disappear by itself once we are out of the swamp?
How much volume are we missing exactly?

7 BTC volume required for 14 days....

We are probably close. I'd guess 6 BTC or something.

I'm not entirely sure. I think they would have to clear it after looking it over to make sure there wasn't any foul play or whatever... ::)

Still no word from them?

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2016, 05:50:01 pm »
No word from them. Just the ticket receipt confirmation.

Hm... could it be that they have a strict policy regarding the identity of a developer (for good reasons),
and that they automatically assume that I am a fraud, since it was orginally someone else (mr. spread) who they still have in their system as "the" spreadcoin dev?

meh, don't think that this is plausible. I also used a spreadcoin.info email-address to contact them.

Anyway, I'm pumped now. It's on!
This party will not be over today!  8)

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2016, 06:22:43 pm »
No word from them. Just the ticket receipt confirmation.

Hm... could it be that they have a strict policy regarding the identity of a developer (for good reasons),
and that they automatically assume that I am a fraud, since it was orginally someone else (mr. spread) who they still have in their system as "the" spreadcoin dev?

meh, don't think that this is plausible. I also used a spreadcoin.info email-address to contact them.

Anyway, I'm pumped now. It's on!
This party will not be over today!  8)

Awesome to hear!

Also, in regards to thte whole dev thing. I think they were doing a verification process of coins / devs a while back. I don't know if they still have that. Might be something to look into. Building your relationship (if you are comfortable with that) with them might help them realize that the project is legitimate.

This is a bit about that: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203692234--Draft-What-is-a-Verified-Market-

Not sure if they are still doing this....

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2016, 06:54:27 pm »
ok thanks.

Hm, mr. spread was pretty cryptic and anonymous, always using VPN etc...
I doubt he would have participated in such a verification process as described in the article you linked.
It sounds like KYC for devs, lol.  :o

Well, let's see where this goes.
I will have to deal with these things sooner or later.

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2016, 06:59:03 pm »
ok thanks.

Hm, mr. spread was pretty cryptic and anonymous, always using VPN etc...
I doubt he would have participated in such a verification process as described in the article you linked.
It sounds like KYC for devs, lol.  :o

Well, let's see where this goes.
I will have to deal with these things sooner or later.

Fortunately, you aren't developing anything that will be used "nefariously" so you are not likely to bear the brunt of any sort of government backlash as some other coins (SDC, VTR) might be. But, then again, I'm not even entirely sure if it would be worth informing them who you are. Was just an idea.  :)

minerpage

• Admin / Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2016, 02:42:15 pm »
From BCT rhinomonkey Today at 12:54:41 PM "Is syscoin in direct competition with SPR in terms of project goals"

I happen to follow SYS, their model is different than SPR but they did keep up with the BTC wallet versions.

In a nutshell: Their concept is innovative in a sense that they link the blockchain to an HTML shopping experience (online blockchain store) using multiple coins for payment (in the upcoming new wallet they announced sometime in Q1 2017). They include Aliasing, Messaging, Escrow, Certification and some more.

They're the coin that has Microsoft Azure acceptance although I haven't seen developments in that direction yet.

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2016, 03:26:21 pm »
From BCT rhinomonkey Today at 12:54:41 PM "Is syscoin in direct competition with SPR in terms of project goals"

I happen to follow SYS, their model is different than SPR but they did keep up with the BTC wallet versions.

In a nutshell: Their concept is innovative in a sense that they link the blockchain to an HTML shopping experience (online blockchain store) using multiple coins for payment (in the upcoming new wallet they announced sometime in Q1 2017). They include Aliasing, Messaging, Escrow, Certification and some more.

They're the coin that has Microsoft Azure acceptance although I haven't seen developments in that direction yet.

Oh cool, thank you for the clarification. My scope of knowledge on altcoins is generally small. I only keep up with 1-3 projects at a time. It gets to be too much to follow a bunch heavily.

I have heard about SYS. It sounds like maybe I should branch out - good thing about Spreadcoin is that eventually I won't even have to "branch out" because we will have a network that is intimate with a bunch of other coins. They will come to me :D

I suppose we wait till the end of the day to see if Bittrex slams the hammer down on us... they know how to keep people in suspense...  :o

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2016, 11:30:36 pm »
weird, bittrex still keeps us guessing. lol

:)

December 9th is now over where I live... how about you? Still a few hours to go?
Where is bittrex located again?

minerpage

• Admin / Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2016, 12:05:29 am »

Bittrex LLC
6077 S. Ft. Apache Rd
Suite 100
Las Vegas, NV 89148

Still 7 hrs to go :)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2016, 12:11:47 am »
haha, las vegas.  8)

rhinomonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2016, 05:08:27 am »
weird, bittrex still keeps us guessing. lol

:)

December 9th is now over where I live... how about you? Still a few hours to go?

Just became the 10th here!

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2016, 12:58:04 pm »
We are still broadcasting live from bittrex.fm radio station in las vegas.

AWESOME!

Thanks everybody for your contributions and efforts!

Party goes on!

pokeytex

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2016, 02:31:44 pm »
Looks like we are in the clear on Bittrex!  No more threatening banner!  :o

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2016, 02:42:08 pm »
Looks like we are in the clear on Bittrex!  No more threatening banner!  :o

Indeed, all is good for now.
It shouldn't be that hard to create 7 BTC volume spread over 14 days.
I will keep the updates regular, patrons will add to it, and the rest of the community will support us too!

It will work!

8)