Author Topic: importprivkey error code -4  (Read 1635 times)

Zeroth

• View Profile
Re: importprivkey error code -4
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 01:29:48 pm »
Do you know if there's a bootstrap download for the blockchain?

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 03:43:43 pm »
Current pair is:
Se5opZ3aeq1BnnmVFRrJemSDbmXx31Vw5j
7S4cVRuGJ7zi8Xdgi4SwjWXe3LbQPbnGPiaKvMKKov1gbUTsedS

I can import 7S4cVRuGJ7zi8Xdgi4SwjWXe3LbQPbnGPiaKvMKKov1gbUTsedS without problem,
but it doesn't resolve to Se5opZ3aeq1BnnmVFRrJemSDbmXx31Vw5j,

it resolves to SkXx5ksKek2vdb9EuGE8PaPcGnJJtg1bsw

which is the compressed public key, which is what spreadcoin uses.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Spreadcoin uses compressed public keys and addresses (the address in the top right corner)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 03:44:56 pm »

Yes, this guy just recently created one,
http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762.msg4336#msg4336
use at your own risk.

Zeroth

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 07:10:50 pm »
Great, the compression may be the issue, I had the same problem with BTCD & KMD addresses. I'll test out a few things when I get time and let you know.

Thanks for all the help :)

crypticj

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 07:55:43 pm »

Yes, this guy just recently created one,
http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762.msg4336#msg4336
use at your own risk.

Yes I did. Hope it helps and works. Its clean!!! plus the wallet still verifies the last 289 blocks with network and also the hash of it and if you know anything you know that because of merkel Tree if the one block is verified so does every other one before it. If you have any questions let me know i can walk you through it.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 08:54:54 pm »
use at your own risk.

Yes I did. Hope it helps and works. Its clean!!! plus the wallet still verifies the last 289 blocks with network and also the hash of it and if you know anything you know that because of merkel Tree if the one block is verified so does every other one before it. If you have any questions let me know i can walk you through it.

lol.

We are talking about the trustless decentralized way of doing things.

We want as many people as possible to run a full node, and to do the actual work required for this.
If you already consider 20 hours too much to handle...well,  that's not a good sign.

Spreadcoin is a pretty small coin with currently just a few dozen full nodes that have to stem all the workload right now.
So we absolutely WANT more people to run full nodes 24/7 because this will also further reduce the initial sync time of those ca 20 hours.

Its clean!!!

No need to trust anybody.
Full nodes have a clear and determined way of communicating with each other that completely prevents the spreading of viruses and malware.
And all you have to do is install a full node and let it run.

8)

Zeroth

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 09:33:33 pm »
Should I also be able to import the compressed privkey? So in the example above could I import either the 7S4... privkey or the VPC... privkey and both would resolve to SkXx5ksKek2vdb9EuGE8PaPcGnJJtg1bsw?

And I'm guessing there's no way to find the privkey that resolves to Se5opZ3aeq1BnnmVFRrJemSDbmXx31Vw5j and that that 2.8SPR is lost forever! Oops...

Zeroth

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 10:21:37 pm »
Great, I managed to import a compressed privkey :)

crypticj

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 06:19:18 am »
use at your own risk.

lol.

We are talking about the trustless decentralized way of doing things.

We want as many people as possible to run a full node, and to do the actual work required for this.
If you already consider 20 hours too much to handle...well,  that's not a good sign.

Spreadcoin is a pretty small coin with currently just a few dozen full nodes that have to stem all the workload right now.
So we absolutely WANT more people to run full nodes 24/7 because this will also further reduce the initial sync time of those ca 20 hours.

Its clean!!!

No need to trust anybody.
Full nodes have a clear and determined way of communicating with each other that completely prevents the spreading of viruses and malware.
And all you have to do is install a full node and let it run.

8)

Yes you are absolutely right we need to have more full nodes infact i am going to add one tomorrow hopefully it will help network congestion.

20 hour syncing time was frustrating because I wanted to just quickly start mining and see how 1070gtx would perform and to wait that long was just annoying. I absolutely agree with your way of doing things and the things regarding trustless Decentralized environment. I thought i was helping other affected/annoyed/soul who might have to endear similar pain as me.. [i am being sarcastic and bit exaggerating off course]

No possibility of it being malware because only thing i uploaded is a block file .dat and .index just enough to sync up to network. [Yes there is always concern for infection I agree and one must always be cautious] If you prefer I can delete the file i uploaded on Mega.nz? Let me know georgem i will follow your lead.

Thanks

crypticj

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 06:27:56 am »
Silly question the wallet is not a full node ? does it help network in syncing?

Or do you need to run a daemon in QT wallet

or the best Bet for Full node for spreadcoin network is on Ubuntu with the tutorial?

Thanks in advance.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 05:56:14 pm »
[Yes there is always concern for infection I agree and one must always be cautious] If you prefer I can delete the file i uploaded on Mega.nz? Let me know georgem i will follow your lead.

No man, you do your thing.
It's just that I won't endorse it.
And people should be aware of the risks.

If people think there is a place and need for a bootstraped blockchain, then someone will provide it to them.
I just want to emphasize the risk.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 06:04:49 pm »

A functional full node is either a daemon or a Qt-Wallet that has the port 41678 forwarded to it, so that it can have more than just the usual 8 connections.
A functional full node can be accessed through its external IP/Port (other nodes can see it and contact it)

There are different qualities of full nodes.
Obviously the first criteria should be up-time (best case 24/7).
Second thing is bandwidth and responsiveness/speed.
It's a good gesture and will help the network if someone turns his raspberry pi into a full node (this will help decentralization and should you have a fast internet at home a rasp pi 3 can be quite powerful),
but the people will be helped during the sync process much more if we had more high powered servers (and possibly even turned them into seednodes).

We have a dozen or so seednodes hardcoded in our codebase, but as far as I am aware only 3-4 of them are still active.
So this will need to be addressed and updated in a future version (CORE, which will also improve syncing time)

I'm working on it.

crypticj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2017, 01:08:47 am »

A functional full node is either a daemon or a Qt-Wallet that has the port 41678 forwarded to it, so that it can have more than just the usual 8 connections.
A functional full node can be accessed through its external IP/Port (other nodes can see it and contact it)

There are different qualities of full nodes.
Obviously the first criteria should be up-time (best case 24/7).
Second thing is bandwidth and responsiveness/speed.
It's a good gesture and will help the network if someone turns his raspberry pi into a full node (this will help decentralization and should you have a fast internet at home a rasp pi 3 can be quite powerful),
but the people will be helped during the sync process much more if we had more high powered servers (and possibly even turned them into seednodes).

We have a dozen or so seednodes hardcoded in our codebase, but as far as I am aware only 3-4 of them are still active.
So this will need to be addressed and updated in a future version (CORE, which will also improve syncing time)

I'm working on it.

Also the instruction for setting up a Node on Ubuntu is not working hopefully some one can write a new Instruction guide.