Author Topic: 400 SPR in old windows wallet I can't access  (Read 382 times)

BullR

• View Profile
400 SPR in old windows wallet I can't access
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:49:02 pm »
Hey guys,

I bought 400 SPR way back in the day when Spreadcoin first started and its in an old windows wallet.  if I start the wallet up it won't work, it just sits at the loading screen.  Is there a way I can recover this SPR?

Thanks!

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
Re: 400 SPR in old windows wallet I can't access
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 06:23:40 pm »
let it wait for a little.
You probably haven't started your wallet in years.
I suggest you download the newest spreadcoin wallet for windows and put your wallet.dat in the blockchain folder.

This "sitting at the loading screen" means it is rescanning the blockchain, verifying the data you already have on your computer. (which could be broken for some reason)

A solution might be for you to completely delete any blockchain data you already have, and start syncing from scratch.

Before you do any of that, please backup your old wallet.dat and keep a safe copy somewhere.

BullR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 06:00:49 pm »
Thank you for the response.

I downloaded the newest version and synced it.  However, when I move the old wallet.dat and begin the client, it starts to reindex and then the whole client crashes after awhile.

Any ideas?

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:47:08 pm »
in what way does it crash?

If it's just a race condition (can happen) you just need to let it finish its job even if it doesn't seem to react (look at the CPU % that spreadcoin uses during this time, if it shows that it is working just let it finish its job).

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 07:52:10 pm »
Depending on your situation you might have to wait for a few minutes... easily.

BullR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 08:25:21 pm »
When I say crash, I mean the client closes completely.  This is after being on the reindex page for quite awhile.

Thank you for your continued help.  This is a lot of money for me :(

dREAMsHOT

• Be happy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 09:30:42 pm »
When I say crash, I mean the client closes completely.  This is after being on the reindex page for quite awhile.

Thank you for your continued help.  This is a lot of money for me :(

I had the same problem when I downloaded the blockchain rather then synic trough the wallet . It might take about a 2 up to 3 hours for the wallet to sync just dont touch it put a movie on let it like that if it say its not reposnding its lying just wait on it it took me good 3-4 hours for the wallet to take all the new data
Do what u wann do! Fuck what they want u to do !