Author Topic: Somehow confused. Are Masternodes live on Mainnet or not?  (Read 681 times)

Altcoinwhore

• View Profile
Somehow confused. Are Masternodes live on Mainnet or not?
« on: August 21, 2017, 08:58:14 pm »
So i've found the masternode testing thread, but for some reason i can't find the MN option on my mainnet wallet.
Is it currently actually possible to make a MN to generate real money on mainnet?

Cheers

RickSP

• View Profile
Re: Somehow confused. Are Masternodes live on Mainnet or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 12:15:04 am »
Up

Likewise I as a beginner in the community confused about it

Phillnut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 02:44:38 am »
I would like to know too. Can you tell me? I want to know a lot.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 03:03:45 pm »
The story goes like this:

the original developer (mr. spread) was pressured by PR-investors to turn Spreadcoin into a masternode-coin,
soon he felt so cornered and not in control of his coin anymore that he got so pissed that he simply left us without saying any word.

The conclusion: Spreadcoin should not have masternodes, but return to the core of its values: True Decentralization.

May I ask, you guys come here asking about masternodes, yet nowhere on my main website or official thread are "masternodes" advertized in any way shape or form.

Maybe someone has mislead you?
Don't believe everything they tell you.

I was working on a concept called "servicenodes" though, but that was before the Helium-guys (HLM) made an exit-scam using Spreadcoin.

:)

e1ghtSpace

• Part of the 3 year club
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 11:28:34 pm »

the original developer (mr. spread) was pressured by PR-investors to turn Spreadcoin into a masternode-coin,
soon he felt so cornered and not in control of his coin anymore that he got so pissed that he simply left us without saying any word.

I don't think that is how it happened. Who pressured him?
We just have to wait.

RzeroD

• Paranoid In Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 10:52:42 am »

I was working on a concept called "servicenodes" though, but that was before the Helium-guys (HLM) made an exit-scam using Spreadcoin.

The amount of evidence about the Helium team performing an exit scam and the amount of evidence on your progress in developing Spreadcoin is the same: none. Maybe if you dedicate yourself to something more productive than finding someone to blame, SpreadCoin could have some future.
Do crypto, or do not. There is no try.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 12:09:31 pm »
Definition of an exit-scam:

To create a hype around coin B (HLM) by saying that everyone who buys coin A (SPR) will get a stake in coin B.
We are talking about a scam when whoever runs coin B also owns most (if not all) of coin A.

Helium was initiated by the same guys who previously tried to control SPR through various ways.
By driving up the price of SPR (through the HLM-lie) they were able to unload SPR onto unsuspecting newcomers who thought they were buying something of value.

I would estimate that the damage done is around 1000 BTC.

If you tried something like this with Stocks you would go to prison for a long time.

Look, anyone who can state with a straight face that HLM is NOT an exit-scam is either complicit or one of the suckers who bought into their scam and is now a bagholder and lying to themselves. Neither one of them good.

I don't think that is how it happened. Who pressured him?

Mr. Spread's masternode development looks very rushed in hindsight, and his sudden disappearance without comment looks like a giant middle-finger to all those PR-investors to me. I got almost put in the same position myself you know, but I actually do care about keeping Spreadcoin and its blockchain alive and intact!

Meanwhile, you guys have HLM, so what are you still doing here?
Didn't manage to offload all your SPR holdings yet, hm?

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 12:23:36 pm »
The amount of evidence about the Helium team performing an exit scam and the amount of evidence on your progress in developing Spreadcoin is the same: none. Maybe if you dedicate yourself to something more productive than finding someone to blame, SpreadCoin could have some future.

The evidence is all there in the ANN thread.
I have made various backups of all the posts, even those that have been deleted in the meantime,
and bittrex keeps logs of all the trades too.

I'm closing this thread down, since it doesn't make sense and is probably initiated by people who just want to cause confusion. ( a lot of such threads are)

Any discussion about the obvious HLM-ExitScam can be continued in the main discussion thread:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762.0