Author Topic: Masternodes Testing (Round 2)  (Read 114687 times)

Strumpet!

• View Profile
Re: Masternodes Testing (Round 2)
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2015, 08:31:15 am »
Well the election process seems to be taking longer than last time. Due to more MNs or something Mr Spread changed I don't know, but if it's like this on mainnet it's going to make picking your MN collateral 'price' interesting - get it too low and you could have wasted a day or two...  :-X

We have 800 MN's in less than 24 hours.  It took longer than 24 hours for 300 MN's to be established last time...if I am not mistaken...

Not sure how this applies to mainnet but I think we do have our stress test. 

I hate to say it because I appreciate elbandi's work but the faucet might have actually slowed down the test process.  We have definite stress interest and what seems to be a slow and steady stream of tSPR (or is that relevant?)

Yeah I wasn't complaining, just an observation. And I agree, if elbandi could remove (or increase) the faucet limits it would help speed things up a bit.

zmija

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2015, 09:04:34 am »
Hi, maybe a noob question but i still don't know how can i start masternode? I've mined around 1300 SPR and what do i do with this coins to start masternode? Thx :)

duboisi

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2015, 10:16:33 am »
Just send at least 100 tSPR to your own wallet address, after 50 confirmation, yr wallet address will show up in MN list, then just check the box in "Control" column. Wait for it to be elected (about 3+hr after you check the "Control").

SatoshisLiver

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2015, 10:41:18 am »
in round 2 it seems to take forever for my MN's to get elected.
started some MN 9 hours ago and they still not online.
in round 1 it needed 3-4hours here.

...as far as I can see - the higher SPR amount MN's are preferd to elected first - right?

edit. btw. theres a 41.000 tSPR MN at the moment...  :o ???

elbandi

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2015, 11:21:01 am »
Yeah I wasn't complaining, just an observation. And I agree, if elbandi could remove (or increase) the faucet limits it would help speed things up a bit.
What is the current mn limit? max mn, minimum coin for one mn, etc?

I set the limit, because there are bad guys (bct trolls), who may empty the faucet...

But i can increase or disable the limits, if you want.

zmija

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2015, 11:59:08 am »
Just send at least 100 tSPR to your own wallet address, after 50 confirmation, yr wallet address will show up in MN list, then just check the box in "Control" column. Wait for it to be elected (about 3+hr after you check the "Control").
Thx and it's working now thx again :)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2015, 12:04:07 pm »
Nice, I see 872 MNs with 87 elected ones, not bad for just the few hours we have been testing.
Good job everyone

I am saving the getinfo and mnlist every 30 sec to explore change over time.

One thing I observed is that in the mnlist no mn ever shows running=true, even when elected=true, they never say running=true.

So what exactly does "running" mean?

Also, all my mns with 160 SPR or a little higher have been elected, but all my mns with close to 100 SPR (about half of my MNs) are still not elected (they have been running more than 12 hours)...

This is a good thing, I suppose...  :)

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2015, 01:20:42 pm »
Also, all my mns with 160 SPR or a little higher have been elected, but all my mns with close to 100 SPR (about half of my MNs) are still not elected (they have been running more than 12 hours)...

Same, my MN with 151 tSPR or higher have been elected.  I have a ton below that which have not.  Whether that is good or not, I don't know as they've been running for more than 10 hours now.

antonio8

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2015, 01:25:28 pm »
41,319 tSPR in one MN.

Come on all. Separate some out or send some to those willing to to start more. We need to get this thing up to 1,440 MN so the real test can begin.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2015, 01:48:12 pm »
41,319 tSPR in one MN.

Come on all. Separate some out or send some to those willing to to start more. We need to get this thing up to 1,440 MN so the real test can begin.

Indeed, but then again... we have 100k new coins every day ... so tSPR supply shouldn't be a problem.
And it looks like the very cheap mns (lower than 150 tSPR) take a long long time to be elected.

I suggest that people refrain from installing 100er mns and instead install atleast 151er mns.
See MyFarms and my previous post.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2015, 01:59:08 pm »

Same, my MN with 151 tSPR or higher have been elected.  I have a ton below that which have not.  Whether that is good or not, I don't know as they've been running for more than 10 hours now.

If I sort by the "elected nodes" not a single one has <= 150 tSPR...

strange.. I hope it just takes longer for them to be elected (which would be a good thing) and that this is not a bug!
It is kinda strange that it looks like a hard limit at 150 tSPR. Why exactly 150? Why not something more random?

Mr. Spread?

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2015, 02:17:16 pm »
woohoo, we have lost about 100 mns in the last few minutes... I guess someone got rid of his 100er mns, and wants to turn them into 151er mns.  ;D

Strumpet!

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2015, 02:24:24 pm »
Nice, I see 872 MNs with 87 elected ones, not bad for just the few hours we have been testing.
Good job everyone

One thing I observed is that in the mnlist no mn ever shows running=true, even when elected=true, they never say running=true.

My own say "running" : true, all others, false.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2015, 02:26:35 pm »
Good job everyone

Ah, I see...

I have a wallet and a daemon running side by side using different ports and datadir, and the daemon does't have any mns running, only the wallet.
I use the daemon to run the mnlist script, that's why I didn't see that the mns running in my wallet have running=true too!

You are right, they have!

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2015, 02:32:41 pm »
Good job everyone

So they say running=true even before they are elected=true, right?

I wonder how fast they changed to running=true after I checked the box.