Author Topic: Masternodes Testing (Round 2)  (Read 137145 times)

jjjordan

• View Profile
Re: Masternodes Testing (Round 2)
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2015, 03:18:33 pm »
I just fucked up all my masternodes... more than a 100 of them
Single transaction.

Details:
The wallet they were running on held the "escrow".
5 addresses (adr1 - 5)
But the same wallet was on another PC, both PCes mining.
Not on a single address though. I was creating MNs on PC1 only.
On PC2 I transfered everything available to adr1 and then all MNs were sacked.

I guess this is not a normal behavior, but it's good to know...

EDIT: btw, the miningprivkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx doesn't work in spreadcoin.conf.
Not on my PCes anyway... I might be missing something...

Nobody has answered yet...

GilAlexander

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2015, 03:52:03 pm »
Also, all my mns with 160 SPR or a little higher have been elected, but all my mns with close to 100 SPR (about half of my MNs) are still not elected (they have been running more than 12 hours)...

This is a good thing, I suppose...  :)
Same, my MN with 151 tSPR or higher have been elected.  I have a ton below that which have not.  Whether that is good or not, I don't know as they've been running for more than 10 hours now.

If I sort by the "elected nodes" not a single one has <= 150 tSPR...

strange.. I hope it just takes longer for them to be elected (which would be a good thing) and that this is not a bug!
It is kinda strange that it looks like a hard limit at 150 tSPR. Why exactly 150? Why not something more random?

Mr. Spread?

My masternodes are 150.13370xx (cause I'm script-kiddie), looks that masternodes are elected gradually from the strongest to weakest - there are lots of 0% votes on upper and lower masternodes and my masternodes have some % now. If so, they are gonna be elected soon.
my spr addr: SVf1jyKHgdCngvpXf9SGQveiaFBFthmjVu

frater.ud

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2015, 04:01:33 pm »
Hello everyone.

Just started mining on testnet.   Only have 4 cores going but should be going solid.

If anyone wants to send some test spread to setup more masternodes, im here to help out.  ;)

mypqm7fsfhYsVxhAX6cbSVKa12bZMwBHgf

Mr. Spread

• Core Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2015, 04:40:35 pm »
So what exactly does "running" mean?
Running in this client (from which you are requesting mnlist). It is equivalent of the checkbox in masternodes page.

Also, all my mns with 160 SPR or a little higher have been elected, but all my mns with close to 100 SPR (about half of my MNs) are still not elected (they have been running more than 12 hours)...

Same, my MN with 151 tSPR or higher have been elected.  I have a ton below that which have not.  Whether that is good or not, I don't know as they've been running for more than 10 hours now.

strange.. I hope it just takes longer for them to be elected (which would be a good thing) and that this is not a bug!
It is kinda strange that it looks like a hard limit at 150 tSPR. Why exactly 150? Why not something more random?

Mr. Spread?
I guess that's because someone launched a lot of masternodes with a bit more than 150 tSPR. Masternodes with more amount are elected first.

I just fucked up all my masternodes... more than a 100 of them
Single transaction.

Details:
The wallet they were running on held the "escrow".
5 addresses (adr1 - 5)
But the same wallet was on another PC, both PCes mining.
Not on a single address though. I was creating MNs on PC1 only.
On PC2 I transfered everything available to adr1 and then all MNs were sacked.

I guess this is not a normal behavior, but it's good to know...

EDIT: btw, the miningprivkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx doesn't work in spreadcoin.conf.
Not on my PCes anyway... I might be missing something...
It is generally not normal to have several instances of the same wallet. You can turn on coin control features (Settings -> Options -> Display), then go to Send -> Inputs, right click on your inputs and select "Lock unspent", this way you will not accidentally spend them. On the computer where you are running your masternodes these inputs are automatically locked.

I will test miningprivkey, it should work.

Strumpet!

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2015, 04:44:50 pm »
So they say running=true even before they are elected=true, right?

I wonder how fast they changed to running=true after I checked the box.

Yes, when I fired them all up on my VPS with the 'mnstart=....' lines in the conf they were all "running" straight away.

Wolf0

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2015, 04:45:13 pm »
Net hashrate went up on testnet, so I fiddled with the CPU miner some more to compensate - 650kh/s now!  ;D

jjjordan

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2015, 04:50:59 pm »
Is it better to have my wallet on multiple computers with a 100 MNs,
or is it better to have two different wallets with 50 each?

By better I mean for the network in general. It's way easier to multiply a wallet,
rather than creating multiple sets of wallets/MNs...

EDIT:
Mr. Spread, I might continue with duplicate wallets for testnet, but will create multiple for mainnet.
(when MNs are available)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2015, 05:05:10 pm »
121 / 901 MNs  8)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2015, 05:13:33 pm »

Mr. Spread?

I guess that's because someone launched a lot of masternodes with a bit more than 150 tSPR. Masternodes with more amount are elected first.

Not sure about that.
We have about 650 MNs with <= 150,
and only about 250 MNs with > 150...

500 MNs are even <=125...

It's just strange that not a single 100er MN has been elected yet, not even the ones running for nearly 24 hours now...

hmmm... can we assume that all higher MNs will have to be elected first BEFORE the lower MNs are even CONSIDERED for election? Is that how it works?

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2015, 05:31:25 pm »
If anyone has large quantities of SPR for me to give to others, please send it to: n3AqT2ugzLdQtZGo5t8wfnqb5mrSbE97yk

GilAlexander

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2015, 06:14:22 pm »
If anyone want me to support his masternodes 24/7 from vps, pm me your mnsecrets.

kiindje

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2015, 06:38:26 pm »
If anyone want me to support their masternodes 24/7 from vps, pm me your mnsecrets.

i have about 20mn's total

but can't run em 24/7

how do i make mnsecret?

i'd be very interested in using your service for this

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2015, 06:38:49 pm »
If anyone want me to support their masternodes 24/7 from vps, pm me your mnsecrets.
Does giving someone your mnsecret create a security issue?  Or is possible to setup a VPS hosting service for mainnet for masternodes where people just have to give you the mnsecret?

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2015, 06:39:36 pm »
Mr. Spread, how hard would it be to release a new build with 666 or 6666 tSPR per block?  It's infuriating not being able to do much for lack of tSPR.

GilAlexander

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2015, 06:43:14 pm »
Does giving someone your mnsecret create a security issue?
No. Only if there is vulnerability.

Or is possible to setup a VPS hosting service for mainnet for masternodes where people just have to give you the mnsecret?
Yes. There are some for darkcoin masternodes.

The next question is how this affects on centralization - you may run any count of masternodes from one vps...