Author Topic: Spreadcoin Tournament...?  (Read 947 times)

Strumpet!

• View Profile
Spreadcoin Tournament...?
« on: February 09, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »
I've always thought that there ought to be more crossover between cryptocurrency nuts and hardcore gamers. Both spend a lot of money on GPU's for a start. Back in the day I played a lot of Unreal Tournament, Quake, Serious Sam... I was terrible at it (I remember finally getting broadband and being crestfallen that I still sucked) but I had a lot of fun.

What do you think of sponsoring a gaming tournament? Basically giving out a cash prize (in SPR obviously) to the winner, runner up etc?

It doesn't have to be a great deal, $20 or $50 worth, anything to get a bit of interest and publicity. And maybe in the future have regular matches where the players pony up a bit of SPR and winner takes all, that sort of thing?

I fire up my gaming rig once in a blue moon these days, I have no idea what's currently popular or what game might lend itself to such a competition, anyone here a gamer who has some notion of which if any gaming community might be up for it?

Maybe SPR could one day be the in-game currency of choice for one of those big MMMORPGMMO things. ;)  (They could call it what they liked but it could use the Spread infrastructure.)

So, are there and Spread fans here who are active clan members or run a game server?