Poll

Continue old BCT-thread or new self-moderated BCT-thread?

Old original BCT-Thread
17 (54.8%)
New self-moderator BCT-Thread
14 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Continue old BCT-thread or new self-moderated BCT-thread?  (Read 16525 times)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Continue old BCT-thread or new self-moderated BCT-thread?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 04:35:14 am »
Well,
let's agree that our home is spreadcointalk.
It's our house, built by spreaders for spreaders.
And everyone who sees a future for spreadcoin and wants to help build that future is welcome here.

But we are just a renter at BCT, and the landlord and people there are crazy.... we shouldn't take what happens there too seriously.

BCT is a meat grinder.... you don't try and create a "cosy livingroom" there... that would be silly.
It's a jungle, plain and simple.
Therefor it is futile to try and create a "clean environment" at BCT... that is completely besides the point.

Come here to spreadcointalk for cleanness and order.
And go to BCT for a chaotic exchange of ideas and sentiments....

duboisi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 05:49:26 am »
Both parties are calling the other party trolls. So which party is trolls?  I predict meaningful discussions/comments will be buried in the next 300 pages of old thread.

RenegadeMan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 06:27:39 am »
Both parties are calling the other party trolls. So which party is trolls?  I predict meaningful discussions/comments will be buried in the next 300 pages of old thread.

I predict meaningful discussions/comments will be buried in the next 300 pages of old thread.

But that's okay duboisi. Like georgem is saying, we can do that here. BCT is a jungle where ideas can fly up down, backwards, sideways, inside out all while be admired, attacked, loved, hated, worshipped, scorned. Sometimes the most hideous environments are the place where new people will find you. That's what BCT's for. As an example, I found out about Darkcoin on the BTC-e trollbox early last year. They were all mocking it and calling it "Dork". That led me to searching for it and now I'm here. So these hostile and nasty environments serve a purpose too.

The most important thing is to remember there will always be trolls and FUDsters. While it's important to correct their blatant lies and mud slinging once or twice, it's the continual interaction with them that does the real damage. Just letting them do their stuff and remaining dignified and above it, actually advertises the substance involved. Not reacting and getting "hooked" into their web of hostility is the key.

MemoryShock

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 06:35:35 am »
As an example, I found out about Darkcoin on the BTC-e trollbox early last year. They were all mocking it and calling it "Dork". That led me to searching for it and now I'm here. So these hostile and nasty environments serve a purpose too.

As an aside, that is kind of a fun story.  I ditched watching the trollbox quite a bit before DRK was on the scene (probably not before development began)...they were still talking about FTC...which I bought and sold a week later (thank gawd). 

But thanks for letting me know that the BTC-E trollbox worked out for someone...: D

SpreadCoins

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 08:27:47 am »
The old thread is already controlled by Trolls now. It is a 100% waste of time to going with old one, new people looking into spreadcoin will get wrong information always with that thread. how old thread get 14 votes !!! strange.

Spreadboy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 08:31:35 am »
Voted for the moderated thread. The trolls are attacking again. >:(
Spreadcoin - spread the word about it!

SpreadCoins

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 08:33:12 am »
14 votes by trolls........

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 02:07:25 pm »

Mr. Spread has already made his decision by posting in the original thread.

But if you like to continue voting.... I will not close the poll.

But the thing is, nobody is voting for the original thread anymore, since we know that the voting has already been decided.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 02:20:45 pm »

Do you really have to ask this question?

The trolls are those who hate spreadcoin, but are posting in our thread nonetheless.

If you hate a place, but are constantly hanging out there, YOU are the troll.

Simple.

Spreadboy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2015, 03:34:51 pm »

But the thing is, nobody is voting for the original thread anymore, since we know that the voting has already been decided.
But how do we fight fudders? I think they will be back if price is staring to grow. And they will crash it again.

Update: what's more important is that newcomers get misinformation readng their posts.
Update 2: Our community is not big enough yet to fight them without a moderated thread, I guess.
Spreadcoin - spread the word about it!

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2015, 04:27:19 pm »
Can we get a confirmation from Mr. Spread.  Him simply posting in that thread is not confirmation enough.  I'd like to see a final decision from him.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2015, 04:29:29 pm »

But how do we fight fudders? I think they will be back if price is staring to grow. And they will crash it again.

Update: what's more important is that newcomers get misinformation readng their posts.
Update 2: Our community is not big enough yet to fight them without a moderated thread, I guess.

We will fight fudders like every other coin too.

Just surviving and doing our own thing. Don't let the trolls dictate what way the discussion has to go.

Why are you not in the original thread posting important things about spreadcoin?  8)
I will be there, and I will keep on posting every day. And I will not communicate with the trolls.
I will only advice people who are not trolls, but who talk with trolls, to better start ignoring them.

Everybody here, help me in the main thread by including normal people in a meaningful discussion, and excluding the trolls from any discussion.
That's how we win.
 8)

MyFarm

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2015, 04:32:56 pm »
And if Mr. Spread chooses the original thread, could we please make sure to post anything relevant to this forum as I don't have time to wade through the piles of bullshit in that thread and as such, won't be reading or posting in it.

Thanks.

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2015, 04:44:54 pm »
Can we get a confirmation from Mr. Spread.  Him simply posting in that thread is not confirmation enough.  I'd like to see a final decision from him.

Honestly, I think we should stop bothering Mr. Spread with our petty problems.

MyFarm, I say if you like the moderated thread, continue with it, nobody will stop you, spreadcoin is a decentralized coin with a decentralized team structure. Go for it.

Meanwhile, I will be in the main thread, the traditional thread, the one with 7 months of history, started by Mr. Spread, with a lot of information in it.
There is a reason the trolls attack us.  8)

georgem

• Tech Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2015, 04:48:12 pm »
And if Mr. Spread chooses the original thread, could we please make sure to post anything relevant to this forum as I don't have time to wade through the piles of bullshit in that thread and as such, won't be reading or posting in it.

Thanks.

We are doing this already. Since day 1 this forum was started.
Or is there an important information you are missing?

Listen, don't EVER go to the main spreadcoin thread to find important informations!

Instead come here for the real deal.

Go to BCT to have some fun and action, and a lighthearted discussion....  :)